Brief history

 

 

Its inception

It was established in the year 1946 / 45 under the name of the School of Dentistry + and the number of students enrolled in this year was two; This number increased year after year until it became 519 male and female students in 1969/1970, the last year of the school.

The study at that time included five specializations: surgery; oral medicine; conservative treatment; Calendar and fixtures. And in 1970

Its name was changed to the College of Dentistry by the decision of the President of the Republic No. 1803 of 1970; The number of students enrolled

It has 565 male and female students in it this year. This number continued to increase until it reached 1774 male and female students per year

Academic 2010/2009; The first place of study was in two rooms at the Amiri University Hospital, then it moved to a building

Separate in the seventies, but now the college includes two buildings with ten academic departments:

1- Department of Prosthodontics

2- Department of conservative treatment, including dental fillings, crowns and endodontics.

3- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery-

4- Oral Pathology Department-

5- Department of Oral Biology-

6- Oral medicine department, which includes periodontal treatment, diagnosis and radiology

7- Orthodontics Department-

8- Department of Pediatric Dentistry and General Dental Health

9-Department of Dental Biomaterials

10-Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery-